» What is Greasemonkey?
Greasemonkey is a Mozilla Firefox extension that allows users to install scripts that make on-the-fly changes to most HTML-based web pages.
As the Greasemonkey scripts are persistent, the changes made to the web pages are executed every time the page is opened, making them effectively permanent for the user running the script.
Greasemonkey can be used for adding new functionality to web pages (for example, scripts for orkut), fixing rendering bugs, combining data from multiple webpages, and numerous other purposes.
Most of the orkut hacks we provide include userscripts which only work if you have greasemonkey installed. In the near future, we still see the extensive use of greasemonkey scripts thus we recommend you to install this Firefox addon.
- Make Sure you have Firefox Installed. In case you don’t have it installed, you can install Firefox from this link.
- To install greasemonkey, click here or download it from greasemonkey addon homepage
- A small window will pop-up as shown below. Click install.
- Now restart Firefox
- You will see a small monkey icon on the bottom right side of your browser
- That is your greasemonkey.