How many times a day you have been bugged by your parents on your rampant orkut usage? How many of you in School or Colleges have orkut banned in your computer labs? It’s time to get it straight. Let your parents and teachers know the positive effects of orkutting.
A new study from University of Minnesota suggests that those who spend lot of time on social networking sites like orkut tend to learn a lot of new things which directly improves their 21st Century Skills which is indeed what their parents and teachers want.
» Let us briefly cover some important points that came up after this study.
- Social Networkers do not just kill their time online, but learn a range of new things
- There is very less technical skill difference between those coming from urban areas compared with those coming from rural areas.
- Low-income students are in many ways just as technologically savvy as their well-off counterparts.
- Top skills the students listed were technology skills as the top lesson, followed by creativity, being open to new or diverse views and communication skills.
- Students using social networking sites are actually practicing the kinds of 21st century skills which will help them attain success today
- The Social Networking Web sites offer tremendous educational potential
- Not only students, these websites also help Educators and Teachers.
You can read this article in detail in EconomicTimes
So..now, it’s official, let your school principal know that they are depriving you the extra ‘very essential’ education which will help you attain success today. Make your parents realize you need to surf orkut to enlighten your creativity skills.