Shockingly, i see a majority of orkut users believing something that is highly impractical and logic less. For instance, i was chatting with a ‘highly educated’ guy and we were discussing something relating orkut. Suddenly he threw up a comment on Orkut Buyukkokten, the creator of orkut. I was a little bit shocked first and then laughed at his comment.
What was the comment?
- He gets $200 for each photograph you upload on Orkut.
- This person might become the richest-person in the world by the end of 2009.
I cleared his misconception at that point of time. But i was astonished to analyze that this hoax had a bigger audience
I surfed around to find some more funny stuff about orkut
- Orkut Buyukkokten(the creator of Orkut) gets $12 when every person registers to this website.
- He also gets $10 when you add somebody as a friend.
- He gets $8 when your friend’s friend adds you as a friend & gets $6 if anybody adds you as a friend in the resulting chain.
- He gets $5 when you scrap somebody & $4 when somebody scraps you.
- He also gets $200 for each photograph you upload on Orkut.
- He gets $2.5 when you add your friend in the crush-list or in the hot-list.
- He gets $2 when you become somebody’s fan.
- He gets $1.5 when somebody else becomes your fan.
- He even gets $1 every time you logout of Orkut.
- He gets $0.5 every time you just change your profile-photograph.
- He also gets $0.5 every time you read your friend’s scrap-book & $0.5 every time you view your friend’s friend-list.
- Many Global Financial Consultants think this person might become the richest-person in the world by the end of 2009.
- Finally, this is the best fact. This person has 13 assistants to monitor his scrapbook & 8 assistants to monitor his friends-list. He gets around 20,000 friend-requests a day & about 85,000 scraps a day.
The last point is hilarious
Okay..we had quite a bit of fun, now it’s time for the real thing. All these points are incorrect and there is no as-such practice. If you wish to know more on how Google handles take overs and it’s baby companies, i will highly recommend you to read – The Google Story by David A. Vise
Orkut Buyukkokten may not become the richest my 2009 but he for sure is getting married to his boyfriend. So from now on, laugh at such incorrect chain emails and clear misconceptions of your friends too
You can read some more misconceptions relating orkut which were covered by Rahul some time back.