Some time back, orkut introduced Main# on it’s pages which changed the way we browsed orkut. Some may love this feature because this allowed access keys or keyboard shortcuts work well with orkut but many Userscript lovers and regular orkut users do not take this change too well because it has slowed down the browsing speed of orkut to a great extent and some great userscripts have stopped working after this change.
We are lucky enough to have a great Firefox addon called as the Main# Killer, which will disable usage of iFrames while you surf orkut. In short – Give you back the very cool, old and classic orkutting experience.
- The “Save what you typed” function in Firefox does not work when you choose the Back option.
- Too many requests to the Server. Slows down browsing speed.
- Orkut Pages are “Too heavy”. Too many bottlenecks and crashes.
- Many Greasemonkey userscripts have stopped working after this update.
- Make sure you have Firefox Installed. (Works With Firefox 1.5 and Above)
- Install the Main# Killer Firefox Addon (Since the Addon is Still in Sandbox, Registration is Required)
- If you face any problem while installing Firefox Addons, you can follow this simple tutorial by TimeAtlas
- View Details about Main# Killer Firefox Addon (Registration Required)
- After Installing the Addon, Restart Firefox and Navigate to Orkut and experience the change.
- Have Fun
Thanks Clayton Gomes for the Orkut Main# Killer Firefox Addon.