If you remember, A couple of months back, Orkut announced a feature which allowed orkut users to integrate their Orkut Friend Birthdays with Google calendar. Today, we will make use of that service to setup your mobile to receive SMS whenever their is a upcoming friend birthday. I am sure you’ll love it..
- Integrate your Orkut Account with Google Calendar. In case you haven’t integrated yet, navigate to this link to make the integration. (Make sure you are logged into orkut.)
- Now, navigate to Google Calendar Settings Page – On the Top Right Corner.
- In the settings page, you will notice Mobile Setup Option.
- Register your mobile Phone with Google Calendar by filling in required details.
- Please See Supported Carriers. (Help with Registration?)
- Once you verify your mobile number, you will be taken to a notification page to select the SMS delivery format and time.
- All Set, Your Mobile is now configured to receive SMS reminders of your orkut friend birthdays.
- Note – SMS Charges Are Applicable
Thanks Sameer Khan