Orkut has launched a new feature which will allow you to create customized groups so that you can categorize your friends, family in groups and follow and filter their updates from rest of your friends. This is pretty good if you want to see updates from your family members, you just choose ‘Family’ Group and updates from users you added to that group will be shown to you. Pretty…Isn’t it?
Now, we will discuss how you can create a new orkut group for say, your family members.
- Navigate to this Page to find ‘create group‘ option.
- Choose Create Group option and type a name for the group. Say ‘Family’.
- Now choose add friends to this group.
- Choose friends and click done.
- Your group will be created.
- You can now choose a particular group to see what’s latest with those group members.
This new feature makes it easy to filter your friends’ updates based on relevant groups, right on your orkut homepage, so now you can easily see only the updates from a specific group of people at a time. Try it out by selecting a group from the “groups” drop-down menu on your homepage!
This feature is not yet live in all orkut profiles. So dont panic if you are one of them, you should try accessing this link. Who knows, you might get lucky as i did.