Yestrday, we shared with you the announcement form the official google chrome blog where they announced that Google Chrome 4 will officially support greasemonkey extensions.
We downloaded Google Chrome 4, and did a practical test with some userscripts, and guess what – This works! Though some of the userscripts did not give the desired results, many were successful to load. Let me explain you with a step by step tutorial.
- Make Sure you have Google Chrome 4 – Install Google Chrome 4 Beta
- Navigate to any userscript page and click on the userscript link.
- At the bottom left of your chrome browser, you will notice a alert about an extension installation.
- Choose Continue.
- A dialogue will open confirming if you really wish to install this extension. Choose Install.
- All Done! You just installed a userscript in Google Chrome.
- You can enable/disable your extensions in chrome by navigating to this link.
If you face any problem while installing userscripts in Googl Chrome 4, do let us know in comments and we’ll be happy to help you out.